Join our team! Mount Auburn’s dedicated staff are responsible for the daily care and stewardship of this National Historic Landmark, accredited arboretum and botanical garden, and active cemetery.
Mount Auburn is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Open Position: Family Services Event CoordinatorPosition Summary: The Family Services Event Coordinator assists families with … Continue reading
- Open Position: Seasonal GardenerPOSITION SUMMARY: Works as part of a crew to maintain … Continue reading
- Open Position: Plant Collections InternPOSITION SUMMARY: The Plant Collections Department manages the mapping, labelling, … Continue reading
- Open Position: HR Operations Senior ManagerSummary of ResponsibilitiesMount Auburn is actively seeking a seasoned Senior … Continue reading
- Open Position: Vice President, FinanceMount Auburn Cemetery comprises 175 acres and is situated in … Continue reading
- Open Position: ArboristRole and Responsibilities: Performs tree maintenance, including pruning, cabling, fertilizing, … Continue reading
- Open Position: Part Time Security & Visitor Representative Mon / Tues
- Open Position: Part Time Security & Visitor Representative Sat / Sun
- Open Position: Security and Visitor Services Representative at Mount Auburn Cemetery
STAFF AT A GLANCE
Mount Auburn employs 55 full-time staff and 40 seasonal and part-time staff. Additionally, the Cemetery is supported by the work of 10 interns and 100+ volunteers.
Mount Auburn’s staff represent a wide range of professional backgrounds including arboriculture, customer service, curatorship, education, facilities care, financial management, fundraising, gardening, horticulture, human resources, information technology, landscape management, planning, preservation, security, and visitor services.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
Mount Auburn Cemetery is committed to providing a respectful, ethical and fair work environment conducive to the productive accomplishment of our organizational goals. We treat all employees with fairness, respect, dignity, and integrity.
The Cemetery competes for talent with a variety of organizations but finds the most parity in job levels, descriptions, and skill requirements with other comparable organizations such as cemeteries, historic sites, and botanic gardens and/or arboreta.
The Cemetery’s employees are privileged to work with other people who share a desire to build, serve and sustain a strong community of dedicated non-profit professionals through leadership and advocacy. We provide a naturally collaborative atmosphere in which people take true ownership of their roles and yet seek each other’s input to facilitate the best possible solutions to organizational and operational challenges. We share important information openly with one another and invite new ideas and constructive organizational assessment. And, we strive to provide everyone with the opportunity to achieve a manageable work/life balance.
Traditional compensation and benefits programs are important components of our overall Compensation and Benefits Philosophy. Fairness in the design and administration of these programs is of paramount importance to the culture. We regularly calibrate the amount and, where possible, the mix, of both cash compensation and benefits programs. Although we have traditionally strived to deliver competitive health and retirement benefits, coupled with median base-pay levels, we recognize that it is important to be flexible and are committed to revisiting our approach as budgets allow. We periodically utilize multiple, highly-regarded published compensation and benefits surveys to benchmark our reward programs.
We recognize, encourage and reinforce strong organization, team, and individual performance where possible. We cultivate a strong feeling of fairness in pay and recognize that certain skill sets demand more compensation than others while attempting to strike an equitable balance with respect to other factors such as individual performance and length of service. We are also mindful that our overall ability to spend is limited by our financial resources. We are committed to reasonable levels of compensation and benefits and intend full compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
Comments are closed.