Open Position: Client Relations Manager
The Client Relations Manager is responsible for delivering exceptional service while supporting the needs of families, customers, clients, and the Cemetery Services Department. The Manager oversees the fulfillment of the Cemetery’s legal and contractual obligations by managing Mount Auburn’s perpetual and annual care programs and its memorial setting and memorial inscription services. The Manager is responsible for communications with lot-connected families and efforts to maintain active representation for all applicable family lots. The Manager works closely with the Horticulture & Landscape Department along with the Cemetery Operations Department to create proposals and contracts for planting and monument care. The Manager will have working knowledge of the Cemetery landscape, its plantings, and its monument regulations to conduct site visits with clients. The Manager provides attentive and helpful service to all clients and is the main point of contact for those clients associated with significant lots. The Manager displays compassion, sensitivity, and good business ethics in all interactions with clients and visitors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages all business processes associated with the administration of family lots and individual graves.
· Manages the administration of all Cemetery lost and graves. Works with families to facilitate the appointment of new lot representatives and assists with the transfer of lot/grave ownership at the request of clients.
· Manages activities associated with the setting of all new private memorials, working with families, outside contractors, and Cemetery Operations staff at all stages of the process.
· Manages activities associated with the addition of new inscriptions on both private and Cemetery-owned monuments. Works with families, internal staff, and outside contractors to manage all stages of the process.
· Manages the activities associated with Mount Auburn’s Annual (AC) and Perpetual (PC) Horticulture Care programs; works with families, external vendors, and Mount Auburn’s Horticulture staff to manage all stages of the process.
· Manages the activities associated with the care of privately-owned monuments and lot features; works with families and Mount Auburn’s preservation staff to manage all stages of the process.
· Creates and maintains documentation for all lot and grave care workflows. Trains new and existing staff on all lot and grave care procedures.
· Serves as the main point of contact between the Cemetery and all proprietors, owners, and representatives on matters related to private lots.
· Works closely with Institutional Advancement and President’s Office to fulfill lot care requests generated through their communications with members of Mount Auburn’s community.
· Meets with families to facilitate questions about lot management and care and provides guidance regarding future burials and/or lot capacity, specifications for new monuments, and regulations for new lot plantings.
· Consults with families and generates proposals for horticulture services, detailing proposed plant material and design, estimated installation costs, and costs for long-term care.
· Generates a variety of legal contracts such as the transfer of deeded burial space between owners or the guarantee of perpetual care of private lots.
· Prepares quarterly reports of proposed lot representatives for approval by Board of Trustees.
· Notifies lot representatives and proprietors of Annual Meeting. Oversees meeting RSVPs and manages voting by proxy for all eligible clients.
· Manages client mailings (physical and electronic) about horticultural care opportunities and general Cemetery information.
· Monitors and uses the Cemetery mapping system verifying location accuracy of burials, monument installations, and other Cemetery Services related mapping.
· Maintains working knowledge of Mount Auburn’s Rules & Regulations, the Cemetery’s established business practices and internal workflows, and Massachusetts cemetery law.
· Effectively interprets Cemetery procedures and state regulations in all client communications.
· Manages, protects, and archives all client information, including information of a personal and sensitive nature, utilizing CRM system and in accordance with department protocol
· Assists Director of Cemetery Services with production of business analytics and routine operations reports.
· Demonstrates department customer service expectations and values.
· Provides supervision and support to all Cemetery Services team members to ensure excellent and seamless service to Cemetery guests and clients.
· Colloborates with Office Manager to provide adequate staffing needs for front office.
· As necessary, answers basic phone calls concerning lots or graves or other requests from families, visitors, or clients.
· Fulfills special projects for the Vice President of Cemetery & Visitor Services, Director of Cemetery Services, and Director of Cemetery Operations as requested.
· Works some weekends and holiday dates as needed, especially during peak season.
REQUIREMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
· 5+ years of account or project management experience.
· Proficiency in landscape design or experience working in a related field.
· Familiarity with temperate plants able to grow in the northeastern United States preferred.
· A friendly, outgoing, helpful personality with a desire to serve others at a time of emotional distress or need.
· Ability to maintain composure, decorum, and professional outlook when under job-related pressure.
· Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing with co-workers, Trustees, lot owners or representatives, and visitors.
· Strong computer and typing skills required. Specifically, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with relational databases preferred.
· Collaborative working skills and ability to communicate successfully with employees at all levels.
· Must have excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
· Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
· Utilizes critical thinking skills to resolve customer concerns regarding lot administration and the Cemetery’s legal and contractual obligations with families.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computers and mouse, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners. Must be able to access file cabinets and interior vaults.
· Must be able to access most areas of the Cemetery, including the Chapels, Greenhouse, Administration Building, and the cemetery grounds including traversing stairs, inclines, declines, and uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
· Must be able to be outdoors occasionally in any weather conditions when meeting with families and clients.
· Must be able to operate company vehicles (cars and/or vans).
· Must be able to do some light lifting in conjunction with office duties, up to 20 pounds.
HOURS of WORK:
Normally from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday to Friday. Must be flexible and able to work evenings and Sundays as public events dictate.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Client Relations Manager” in the subject area, to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.