Open Position: Family Services Event Technician Coordinator
The Family Services Event Technician Coordinator assists families with the planning and coordination of private memorial services, cremation events, and graveside burial services. The Technician provides audio and visual services at all private events hosted throughout the Cemetery’s campus, including livestreaming. The Technician manages client requests for A/V services, participates in site visits as needed, and prepares media content for sharing during events. The Technician will help guide families and vendors through the event planning and coordination process.
The Technician is also responsible for administrative tasks, including invoicing and receipt of all required paperwork, and provides staffing at burials, memorial services, and other funerary-related private events. The Technician manages the Cemetery’s virtual memorial platform, Remember My Journey. The Technician works collaboratively with the Cemetery Operations, Cremation, and Events staff to ensure that all private family events meet Mount Auburn’s standards for exceptional customer service. The Technician’s time is spent equally indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Coordinates and staffs private Cemetery events, including memorial services and receptions, cremation events, and graveside ceremonies.
• Implements a livestream program for indoor and outdoor services. Manages and operates livestream equipment during services and events.
• Sets up and operates cemetery A/V equipment, as necessary.
• Ensures that all A/V equipment is functional, kept organized, stored properly, and accessible for events.
• Prepares graphics for slideshows and music playlists to enhance chapel services and events.
• Guides families through the process of selecting the appropriate event package and completing booking details.
• Provides in-person or virtual tours of cemetery chapels as part of chapel-based event bookings.
• Controls streaming services and monitors multimedia content for potential copyright infringement.
• Creates and administers contracts, signage, and release forms, as necessary.
• Communicates cemetery procedures and protocols effectively to families in advance to prepare them for when they arrive.
• Acts as liaison with any external vendors providing event services such as musicians and caterers.
• Confirms event details with families and external vendors.
• Provides staffing support for all family-organized gatherings including greeting family groups when they arrive at Cemetery for a scheduled event, leading burial events to graveside location, and assisting families with other Cemetery-related needs as appropriate.
• Inspects event setup prior to family’s and guests’ arrival.
• Creates client records, prepares client invoices, and initiates internal service work orders using Mount Auburn’s digital enterprise system.
• Ensures accurate data collection and data entry in Cemetery’s CRM system.
• Coordinates with events and operations staff to ensure proper event set-up and break-down.
• Completes follow-up communication with all families, including after-care mailings and surveys.
• Works closely with Cemetery Operations, Facilities, and Information Technology teams to maintain A/V equipment used for events.
• Works alongside the Cemetery Services team to maintain an up-to-date events calendar.
• Assists families with setting up a virtual memorial page through our website.
• Assists with general administrative support for the Cemetery Services department.
• Provides staffing at Cemetery-sponsored public events including its annual Winter Solstice event as requested.
• Maintains Cemetery’s reputation as a provider of quality service offerings and represents the organization’s commitments and values in all customer interactions.
• Communicates effectively and timely to department leaders, co-workers, and management by telephone, e-mail, or in person.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in information technology/broadcasting.
• 3 years event coordination/production experience preferred.
• Experience with technology and live streaming
• Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure and professional outlook when under job-related pressure
• Must be patient, energetic, creative, and flexible as work demands change
• Must be dependable, punctual, and articulate
• Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing with co-workers, Trustees, lot owners or representatives, clients, and visitors
• Strong computer and typing skills required. Specifically, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with relational databases preferred.
• Collaborative working skills and ability to communicate successfully with employees at all levels
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
• Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently
• Must present a good professional image in dress, grooming and personal hygiene per the Cemetery’s dress code policy
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computers and mouse, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners. Must be able to access file cabinets and interior vaults.
• Must be able to access all areas of the Cemetery, including the Chapels, Greenhouse, Administration Building, and the cemetery grounds including traversing stairs, inclines, declines, and uneven terrain in all weather conditions
• Must be able to be outdoors regularly standing in any weather conditions when meeting visitors
• Position requires prolonged periods seated and/or standing at a desk.
• Must be able to move between desk, front counter, and all files
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs
• Must be able to move within a normal office environment, accessing all records and equipment with ease and walk up and down stairs
• Must be able to operate company vehicles (cars and/or vans).
• The employee must be able to lift and move items up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours a week, 8 hour shifts including weekends and occasional evenings
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Family Services Event Technician” in the subject area, to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.