Open Position: Part Time Security & Visitor Representative Sat / Sun
The Security Department at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Security and Visitor Services Representative working part time, Saturday and Sunday 8AM to 4PM. Reporting to the Security Supervisor the Security and Visitor Services Representative is responsible for patrolling the Cemetery grounds throughout the assigned shift and enforcement of Cemetery rules and regulations. The representative displays compassion, sensitivity, and good business ethics in all interactions with clients and visitors.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Patrol the Cemetery grounds to provide a security presence and related duties throughout scheduled shift while operating any cemetery vehicle and/or security equipment following safety guidelines.
• Await incoming funerals and escort processions to the grave location in a controlled and orderly manner
• Explain and enforce the Cemetery’s rules, procedures and regulations to visitors and advise them of violations in a professional manner, remaining sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of visitors and lot owners.
• Assist with the control of traffic entering and leaving the cemetery, which includes interpretive programs and tours, funeral processions, memorial and chapel services, general visitors to the cemetery, and attendees of other cemetery functions.
• Serve as first contact for visitors to welcome them, answer questions and direct them to their desired destinations. Use computerized interment database to locate specific grave locations for visitors as requested.
• Responsible for the opening and or closing of the cemetery grounds and gates or buildings ensuring safe and secure access to visitors or employees
• Participate in responding to emergencies as needed. Maintain familiarity with all emergency procedures. Investigate complaints, accidents and disturbances on the grounds, and writes detailed incident reports and accident investigation reports. Call fire or police departments in cases of emergency if needed.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• Driver’s license.
• High School Diploma.
• Ability to communicate to staff, police and emergency responders with cemetery communication equipment.
• Basic computer skills and strong writing skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with all visitors and staff.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations, and to be flexible as work demands change.
• Currently certified in AED, CPR and First Aid or willing to obtain such certification.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand for long periods of time.
• Required to work outdoors during all seasons of the year and must be able to work in harsh weather.
• Ability to shovel snow and ice as needed.
• Ability to safely operate cemetery vehicles.
Hours of Work:
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. Occasional other days as required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Security Guard and Visitor Services Representative” in the subject area, to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.