Open Position: Sales Coordinator at Mount Auburn Cemetery
The Coordinator is responsible for delivering exceptional service while supporting the needs of families, customers, clients, and the Cemetery Services Department. They support the daily functions and operations of the Cemetery Services Department and provide attentive and helpful service to all who enter the Administration Building, regardless of the reason for their visit. Specifically, the Coordinator supports Cemetery sales and the Sales Manager as the primary liaison between prospective clients and the Sales Manager. They provide daily operational support to the Sales Manager and the sales program by scheduling and confirming sales appointments, answering phone calls, maintaining relevant and timely communications with all sales clients by email, letter, or phone and updating CRM records with those communications, taking and processing payments, and other sales associated paperwork or functions including sales tours and meetings with prospective clients as needed. The Coordinator displays compassion, sensitivity, and good business ethics. They ensure seamless, collaborative service by communicating and coordinating efforts within the Cemetery Services group and all other applicable departments.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the first response to those requesting sales information or services. Provides accurate information pertaining to sales inquiry as requested.
• Utilizes critical thinking skills to resolve guest or client concerns regarding Cemetery sales.
• Utilizes CRM system to track communications, maintain client contacts and lists, and input data.
• Assists in maintaining sales inventory binders and inscription plans, and keeps own knowledge of available inventory up to date.
• Answers and directs phone calls within the cemetery services department.
• Monitors Sales email inbox, responds to inquiries or refers to Sales Manager if needed.
• Organizes and schedules sales appointments and meetings.
• Assists in the preparation of regularly scheduled sales reports.
• Prepares and monitors sales invoices.
• Processes and tracks payments.
• Generates deeds for new sales and provides copy of deeds and sales agreements when requested.
• Maintains supplies of sales related material and inventory.
• Prepares material for sale folders and after-care packages.
• Work collaboratively with Sales Manager to further develop ways of commemoration.
• Revitalize current Urn Program with sourcing and cataloging select urns to offer to clients during an immediate need sale or with a cremation or burial service.
• Meet and tour with families interested in purchasing burial space as needed.
• Utilizes and maintains computer and manual filing systems.
• Attends sales department meetings and records and archives meeting minutes.
• Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, binding, etc.
• Works collaboratively with all members of Cemetery Services team to ensure excellent and seamless service to all cemetery guests and clients.
• Participates in personal professional development and department trainings to stay up to date on industry best practices, cemetery law, and company policies.
• Demonstrates department customer service expectations and values.
• Provides office coverage for front office on weekends as needed.
• Answers general phone inquiries and accurately re-directs phone calls to correct department.
• Effectively communicates and outlines Cemetery policies and procedures to clients.
• Work with funeral directors to collect required paperwork for burials and cremation services. Retrieves and presents cremated remains to funeral directors or families.
• Enter interment and chapel activity into the CRM system and appropriate calendars. Regularly monitors for accuracy.
• As needed, assists with special meetings, conferences, and public programs. Fulfills special projects for the Vice President of Cemetery & Visitor Services, Director of Cemetery Services, or the Customer Service Supervisor as requested.
• May be required to perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• 3 years of professional or administrative experience ideally in sales, customer service, or human services
• Associates Degree or higher preferred
• Excellent communication skills by telephone, e-mail, and in person with clients, visitors, co-workers, Trustees, and management
• Ability to maintain composure, decorum, and professional outlook when under job-related pressure and with working with grieving individuals.
• Patient, energetic, creative, and flexible as work demands.
• Strong computer and typing skills required, specifically, experience with Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook, and the ability to learn and work within a complex CRM.
• Collaborative working skills and ability to communicate successfully with employees at all levels.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
• Dependable, punctual, and articulate
• A self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
• Professional presentation in dress and personal hygiene per the Cemetery’s dress code policy.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computers and mouse, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners. Must be able to access file cabinets and interior storage vaults.
• Must be able to access most areas of the Cemetery, including the Chapels, Greenhouse, Administration Building, and the cemetery grounds including traversing stairs, inclines, declines, and uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to be outdoors occasionally standing in any weather conditions when meeting visitors.
• Must be able to drive cemetery vehicle and assist individuals getting in and out of vehicle as needed.
• Must be able to move within a normal office environment, accessing all records and equipment with ease.
• Position may require prolonged periods seated.
• Must be able to move between desk, front counter, and all files.
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
• Must be able, using a stool as necessary, to reach high shelves containing files and supplies at any location within the office, including the vaults.
• Must be able to do some light lifting in conjunction with office duties, up to 20 pounds.
Hours of Work:
Normally from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday to Friday with some flexibility. Working on-site is required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Sales Coordinator” in the subject area, to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.