Open Position: Seasonal Turf & Ground Maintenance Specialist at Mount Auburn Cemetery
Role and Responsibilities:
Performs lawn mowing, trimming, mulching, and blowing of leaves, and various other grounds maintenance tasks as requested.
• Operate riding mower, walk-behind mower, and hand mower throughout the Cemetery in a safe manner, being mindful of obstacles such as monuments, corner posts, sign posts, trees and shrubs
• Perform grass trimming around monuments, buildings, signposts, water faucets, and other obstacles.
• Perform all grounds maintenance tasks at a high-quality level including, but not limited to turf and bed maintenance.
• Operate backpack leaf blower and leaf vacuum during leaf mulching/pickup season.
• Perform various grounds maintenance tasks such as weeding, mulching, grading, seeding, and watering.
• Removes litter, branches, and other items as needed.
• Assists in the repairing and reseeding of damaged lawn areas throughout the cemetery, and newly developed areas.
• Perform light landscape construction projects as directed.
• Operates ground power equipment and turf vehicles.
• Responsible for timely attendance, will be required to use a biometric or mobile time clock system. (To be consistent)
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• One year of experience operating riding mower, string trimmer, and self-propelled walk-behind mowing equipment
• Ability to speak both Spanish and English preferred.
• A valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to read and write English preferred.
• Must present a good professional image in dress, grooming and personal hygiene per the Cemetery’s dress code policy.
• Follow all Cemetery safety policies and procedures related to assigned tasks, including wearing personal protective equipment (eye and hearing protecting, gloves, etc.), proper handling of chemicals, ladder safety, and lifting and moving heavy objects. Bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the Grass/Grounds Maintenance Supervisor and makes suggestions to improve safe working practices.
• Ability to use equipment including but not limited to lawn mowing machines, string trimmers, leaf blowers, leaf vacuum, snow blowers, rakes, and shovels.
• Ability to shovel mulch and soil, and to lift fertilizer, lime and soil mixes up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to bend, walk, and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to work in dusty conditions during mowing and leaf mulching operations.
• Ability to work outdoors, including harsh weather conditions.
7:30 AM to 3:30 PM from Monday to Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Seasonal Turf & Grounds Maintenance Specialist” in the subject area, to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Comments are closed.