Open Position: Senior IT Associate
Reports to Director of IT. Provides system administration, tech support and training for computer, AV, telephone, and office equipment on a Windows network. Documents tech support activity. Provides one on one training to users. Helps to maintain license and policy compliance. A working knowledge of switch, firewall, and Wi-Fi maintenance. An interest in and knowledge of computer programming in various programming languages and a passion for producing solutions that will help address business problems, and occasional assistance with the installation of cellular phones.
Primary support and advancement for the Axiom system which is the primary record keeping and CRM system for the organization. The candidate must be able to build a knowledge base that permits them to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the organization relative to this mission critical application and become the primary support for any IT helpdesk tickets. In addition, the candidate must be able to work with the Cemetery Services project manager to coordinate the implementation of new services planned for the Axiom system. Represents the IT Department within the company, and on occasion assists visitors with AV needs. Reviews and corrects data in Cemetery systems.
• Maintain and repair PC hardware components, operating systems, and application software (Microsoft Office), as well as networks, cell phones, radios, AV and office equipment
• Support AV events for staff and occasionally families
• Install approved hardware and software on occasion at the direction of the IT Director.
• Provide one on one training and assistance for staff and volunteers
• Work on various 2nd level help desk support problems in conjunction with the IT Associate or a Managed Service Provider (MSP).
• Assist with ensuring compliance with IT policies
• Assist with the maintenance of the inventory of software and hardware and help to maintain software license compliance
• Assist in systems administration of Microsoft Server, Microsoft SharePoint and remote access systems in a VMware environment.
• Assist with scripting solutions to ease the administrative burden of maintaining Windows Systems using MS PowerShell and other scripting solutions.
• Develop applications that will assist the various cemetery departments with meeting their business needs.
• Learn new programming languages as needed to accomplish the above goal.
• Learns Cemetery business record keeping methods to develop solutions that will assist with this task in collaboration with other Cemetery departments and Project Managers.
• Interface with vendors and learn available APIs so that the same can be used to develop solutions to customize access to data in various repositories across the business.
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• A bachelor’s or MS degree in Information Technology, computer programming, software engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 -6 years’ experience in an IT role that includes progressive experience with programming and networking concepts.
• Ability to work well with users in the MS Office suite of applications,
• Exposure to ArcGIS is a plus.
• Demonstrated competency with HTML, CSS, PowerApps, Visual C++, Python, batch scripting or other application development tools.
• TCP/IP and LAN Networking technology is desired, including switches, firewalls, VLANs.
• VMware, iSCSI SAN, Office 365, PowerShell, System Imaging
• Windows system administration experience desired. Basic familiarity with Linux system administration
• Ability to research, understand and write technical documentation
• Able to interact effectively with management, staff and outside vendors, and work independently, and/or as part of a team
• Willing to handle “on-call” communications (phone, email, text) as required due to work demands
• Familiar with and can discuss GIS and Business Records Management concepts is a plus.
• Must be able to act as an effective representative of the Cemetery and the Friends of Mount Auburn
• Able to handle sensitive records and personal information appropriately.
• Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently and see projects through from beginning to end
• Excellent oral and written communication with ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical staff/management
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
• Must be willing to study to acquire improved skills and increased knowledge
• Ability to speak, read and write English is required; Spanish is a plus
• Must be able to drive a car and have a driver’s license valid in Massachusetts
• Able to work a flexible schedule on occasion during an IT upgrade.
• Willingness to work on projects outside of the main area of focus to support the organization’s mission.
• Must be able to move and work within an office environment. Must be able to move throughout the Cemetery’s offices and buildings, including walking up and down stairs.
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs
• Must be able, using a stool as necessary, to reach high shelves containing files and supplies at any location within the office, including the vaults
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, rack and install equipment as needed.
Hours of Work:
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM from Monday to Friday. Occasionally may be required to work weekends and evenings. Occasionally working remotely is expected
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Senior IT Associate” in the subject area, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.