Open Position: Special Events and Sponsorships Manager (Advancement)
The Special Events and Sponsorships Manager is responsible for the development and execution of high-end events for Mount Auburn’s major donors, prospects, and key stakeholders. These events include up to 15 annual donor events, other VIP events and meetings, and private events related to large-scale sponsored public events. The Special Events and Sponsorships Manager serves as a key member of the Institutional Advancement (IA) team. In this role they will solicit corporate sponsors of large-scale public programs and events such as Winter Solstice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conceive of an annual schedule of high-end events with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement (VP of IA) to engage, cultivate, and steward Mount Auburn’s major donors, prospects, and key stakeholders.
• Plan virtual and in-person IA events from concept to execution:
• With VP of IA determine high-level details for all events including program, catering, and logistics.
• Secure guest speakers and entertainment, review programs, write talking points, and coordinate rehearsals.
• Negotiate costs and services with vendors; arrange food and beverage, order/arrange for all supplies, event photos, coordinate audiovisual equipment.
• With VP of IA manage staff and volunteers working at events.
• Coordinate and communicate across departments to ensure events are managed and supported appropriately.
• Lead event planning meetings and discussions.
• Create event briefings and attendee bios for senior staff/trustees to facilitate their engagement with donors and the public.
• Coordinate all communications materials with the Manager of Grants and Communications and VP of IA for event attendees including invitations, interpretive materials, take-aways, follow-up letters and emails, etc.
• Follow-up with vendors, sponsors, and staff members after each event.
• Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
• Monitor, track, and report on event budgets.
• Solicit corporate sponsors of large-scale public programs and events such as Winter Solstice with the VP of IA.
• Work on corporate sponsorship packets and coordinate with sponsors to ensure they are appropriately cultivated and credited.
• Serve as a cross-departmental liaison.
• Other related duties upon request
Qualifications and physical demands include but are not limited to:
• A Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of least 5 years of fundraising experience, including a demonstrated track record of success with events and sponsorship.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Highly organized and able to meet deadlines and manage budgets.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team.
• High energy, flexible, self-confident, and self-motivated.
• Strategic thinker.
• Driver’s license.
• Must represent the Cemetery in a positive and professional manner.
Hours of Work:
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday. Occasionally may be required to work weekends and evenings as needed.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Manager of Special Events and Sponsorship” in the subject area, to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Mount Auburn Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.