Mount Auburn’s Beautiful Public Lots
Mount Auburn, since its beginnings in 1831, has set aside modest burial spaces suitable for single grave interments. The first such space was called St. James’ Lot and it is on Cypress Avenue (1831). This event led by Volunteer Docents Rosemarie Smurzynski and Bill McEvoy will begin in Story Chapel and then, continue with a walk on the grounds to St James’ and St. John’s public lots preserved as a country cemetery. Note: this program is two hours.
Funding for programs has been provided in part by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.