Wedding Photography Guidelines
An application to take wedding photographs for personal use at the Cemetery must be filled out one month in advance of the proposed date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
A fee is required, contact our event staff for more information. Permission will be granted at the sole discretion of the management of the Cemetery.
We ask wedding parties to remember:
- They are permitted to take wedding photographs ONLY at Asa Gray Garden, Auburn Lake, and Washington Tower.
- Drinks and refreshments are not permitted on the grounds of the Cemetery.
- They are to be mindful of traffic and other Cemetery activities taking place.
- The rules and regulations of the Cemetery must be observed at all times.
- Permission is granted only for wedding photography for the personal use of the families involved. No commercial photography is permitted.
- This is a permit for photography only, not for any form of wedding ceremony or reception.
In addition to the guidelines as described above, all applicants wishing to take wedding photographs at Mount Auburn must be aware of the following:
- Photographs should not capture any personal information from monuments (names and dates) to protect the privacy of those buried here. However, capturing the monuments of the notable figures here is permissible.
- If tripods are being used to steady cameras, please keep all tripod legs out of the roads and away from passing vehicular traffic. Also be mindful to avoid placing tripod legs on or near any monuments, trees, or horticultural plantings.
- Permission to use any photographs or footage shot within Mount Auburn in any public way must be requested separately. This includes posting images to websites, showing images in art or gallery shows, and publishing images in print sources. Mount Auburn reserves the right to deny permission for the public use of any still images of the Cemetery that cause concern for the security of works of art and architecture on the grounds, the privacy of those buried here, or the reputation of the Institution.
- You must carry the photography permit on your person during the approved date. Security reserves the right to ask you to leave if you cannot furnish the permit.